Do you know that your product photography can often determine whether someone buys from you or not?
One of the first things that catch the attention of your target audience is your product photography.
Sometimes the closest your customers get to have a feel of your products, service, or brand is through your images.
Your product images not only give your customers an idea of what your products look like and how quality or standard it might be, but they also help your customers have an understanding of your brand.
As an e-commerce business, you only engage the sense of sight, while leaving out other types of senses.
Hence, you have to make your product photographs attractive enough to entice your customers or potential customers to buy from you.
Are your images of high quality or are they barely there?
As an African business owner who is on a tight budget, you may always be on the lookout for cheaper yet effective alternatives to some things you would have paid for.
If you don’t have enough money to hire a professional photographer to handle your product shots, you can invest in useful DIY product photography for your business.
There are a lot of ways you can play around your product photography. You can have clean-cut white background product shots, scenery images, lifestyle shots, etc.
Here are ten tips to help you with your product photography:
- White background: One of the best ways to show the different features of your product is by making use of a white background. With a white background, your product standouts and there is nothing in the background distracting us from seeing your product.
- Work with natural light: One of the best ways to get a good image is your ability to work with natural light.
- Invest in a good camera: If you don’t have a good camera, no matter the types of techniques you use, it might not work as expected. A good camera is the foundation of good product photography.
- Take multiple shots: As much as you can, take different shots and decide on which to upload later. You don’t want to find out then that all the pictures you took of one product aren’t good enough to upload on your website.
- Play with different types of product shots: White background is one of the best ways to showcase your products. However, you can also use a different kind of product shots such as lifestyle photos. With lifestyle photos, you give your audience context; you help us understand how your products can be used.
- Show us different angles: Don’t just show us one angle, show us different products angle. Help us to understand how your products look from different angles.
- Give us a sense of scale: Help us understand how big or small your product is. It is not enough to give the dimensions, because, sometimes some people may not pay attention to that. You can place the products beside objects or put objects on them to give your customers a sense of scale.
- Invest in basic tools: To make your product photography stand out, you also need to invest in essential tools asides from a good camera, like a tripod, a background, and so on.