Every year for the last five years, innovators across the African continent are recognised for their efforts in building some of the best tech solutions on the continent through the AppsAfrica Awards.
The 2019 AppsAfrica Awards drew interest from innovators across the continent, with organisers receiving over 400 applications from 52 countries.
This year marked the fifth installment of the award and at the award ceremony that was held in South Africa last night, 14 tech products from a total of 4 countries including Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Angola, were named the best on the continent in various categories.
These 14 products were deemed the best out of up to 70 products which made it to the finals.
As gathered from last night’s event, below are the 14 best African tech products for 2019:
- 54gene (Nigeria, Best African HealthTech Solution)
- Lori Systems (Kenya, Best Mobility Solution)
- Carry1st (South Africa, Best News & Entertainment Solution)
- One Kiosk Africa (Nigeria, Best mCommerce Solution)
- Aerobotics (South Africa, Best AgriTech Solution)
- RippleNami (Kenya, Best Blockchain Solution)
- Carbon (Nigeria, Best Fintech Solution)
- LightSail Education (South Africa, Best EdTech, Solution)
- IDEA Digital Education (South Africa, Social Impact Award)
- PM Connect (South africa, Best Enterprise Solution)
- Liquid Telecom (Kenya, Best IoT Solution)
- Appy Saúde (Angola, Best African App)
- MOJA (Kenya, Disruptive Innovation Award)
- Flutterwave (Nigeria, Changing Africa Award)
All the winners at the 2019 AppsAfrica Award are expected to participate in the Africa Tech Summit, slated for 2020 in the Rwandan capital, Kigali. At next year’s event, the winners will have access to sponsorships and partnerships from Africa and beyond.
Featured Image Courtesy: DepositPhotos