To Hire A Freelancer Or Not?
As your startup grows, you need to build your team as well. You may not be able to handle all the tasks as you would have managed on your own before now and you would need more hands on deck.
However, there comes a time when you have to decide if you should hire a freelance or not. You may be thinking about hiring a freelancer or sticking with a full-time employee.
It is important to note that freelancing has given business owners the opportunity to connect with creative professionals wherever they are in the world. You can connect with professionals with loads of experience without leaving your location or them coming to meet you wherever you are.
Freelancing, however, has its pros and cons and you need to weigh them to know whether the pros outweigh the cons.
In addition, before you decide to hire a freelancer, make sure you actually need one. Not only that, define your business goals for hiring a freelancer and clearly state them out.
Also, another factor to consider is getting the right kind of tools that would help you effectively monitor your freelancers wherever they are.
Here are some of the pros and cons of hiring a freelancer below:
- Hiring a freelancer is cost effective as you don’t have to think about things like office space, electricity, office supply, etc.
- Flexibility and accessibility: No matter the kind of creative professional you need, you can find them online! Freelancing brings a lot of flexibility to your business
- There is more productivity as you get to pay freelancers according to the amount of work produced or the hours spent on your work.
- You get more specialized professionals as more freelancers take time to get skilled in different areas of work
- It is easier and faster to hire a freelancer
- Freelancers offer diverse work experience
- They get your jobs done swiftly
- Freelancers are more update with the trends in technology as they need to improve themselves to get more clients constantly
- There are fewer legal obligations on the part of the client
- It might be difficult to monitor the freelancer wherever they are except you have the right effective monitoring tools at your disposal
- It might be difficult to get the freelancer to be invested in your brand
- It might be challenging to ingratiate freelancers into your company culture
- Some freelancers may sometimes not share a similar vision with you as your start-up
- Building relationships with freelancers may be difficult unlike full-time employees
- They may not promote your brand as much as you would want them to or they would work as full-time employees
In conclusion, whether you choose to hire a freelancer or not, make sure the option you go for is the one that works for you and your business.